The Jabber SDK
With the Jabber SDK, we're providing tools to enable you to build Cisco UC capabilities into your web applications and portals using Cisco Jabber technology based on modern industry standards such as JQuery and REST.
By integrating the capabilities offered within the Cisco Jabber SDK, you'll be able to rapidly and easily build voice, video, IM, presence, voice messaging and conferencing capabilities into any browser-based application (eg CRM app, internal corporate directory page, social media site, etc.) to create a powerful unified communications experience for your end users, with all the functionality immediately and seamlessly accessible from within the browser.
The main aim of this Jabber SDK website is to provide developers with access to the components of the Jabber SDK, and offer help and guidance to integrate, test and promote their Jabber-enabled browser implementations.
Is there one SDK to download with the Jabber SDK?
You can choose which libraries or interfaces to download, depending on which collaboration features are to be incorporated into your app:
- IM & Presence(CAXL - AJAX): the Cisco AJAX XMPP Library (a JQuery-based Java Script library)
- Voice mail(CUMI - REST): Cisco Unity Connection Voicemail APIs (REST and SOAP-based web services)
- Meeting (WebEx -URL/XML): WebEx Conferencing APIs (url and xml-based web services)
This website covers all of the above, with simple, easy-to-use developer APIs and SDKs.
Once you're ready to get started, visit the Integrated Jabber section and dive into the areas you're interested in.
Why integrate UC functionality within a browser-based app?
Your users will no longer have to leave their web application to invoke collaboration functions.
They will be able to communicate via IM, voice, video, voice messaging and web conferencing through the browser, streamlining workflows and saving time and money.
What's more, there's no need or reason to install a desktop client to invoke unified communication capabilities: it's all completely client-less and done through the browser.
This is a major achievement we're really proud to be able to deliver to you. (Note that for voice and video capabilities your users need to download a small browser plugin.)
Specifically, why should an ISV integrate UC capabilities into a browser-based app?
- It gives ISVs access to a large Cisco install base by enabling them to build products and services on top of Cisco collaboration technologies which are already used by millions of Cisco customers
- It provides the building blocks to rapidly and easily Cisco UC enable enterprise web applications – providing voice, video, presence/IM, voicemail, & WebEx conferencing
- It offers an exciting technology enabler to build products and services based on Cisco collaboration technology
- There are significant co-marketing opportunities of your UC-enabled application with Cisco
- It provides the building blocks for you to rapidly and easily Cisco UC enable enterprise web applications for your users – providing voice, video, presence/IM, voicemail, & WebEx conferencing
- It allows consolidation of the desktop and the integration of collaboration deep into existing applications, increasing productivity and maintaining context of interactions for end users
- It lets every browser experience become an interactive collaboration experience
- It adds incremental value to the organization's Cisco Collaboration deployment based on the unique needs